Sunday, April 17, 2011

SERIOUS: All Asian do not look the same!

After a recent forward by a facebook triple "A" (Asian-Australian Activist), Timothy Ly and I have been recently linked to the most unrelated article to date. I don't know where friggin' mainstream media stuff up at, but the person who thought.."Hmm....Asian and Kung Fu, where do we get the most chopsocky pic that may look like it relates to this exotic incident".

So they chose our pic, which, has got nothing to do with the "oh..my god...Asians do kung fu...on airlines!". The photo that I took with Daily Telegraph was in conjunction to Maximum Choppage: Round 2 and Bruce Lee's outdoor film screening (Click here).

Seriously the story itself (which is about HK Airline training their staff in Kung Fu) is less than fascinating. Asians do kung fu everywhere, at home, the workplace, the toilet...whats the big deal that now its airborne. Its the same thing as Aussies eating weatbix everywhere, at home, the workplace, and if they are lazy, maybe the toilet. Yeah, I know what you may be thinking, Maria, your god damn racist. No, not at all, I'm just making my point that Asian stereotypes are simply so boring nowadays.

Now back to the picture, its not that I'm trying to make a big deal about it, I'm more than happy for you to use the pic News.com.au. It would be nice to at least let me know about it and to think that you'll get away with it....No way...Asians are everywhere in this country, we are disguised as "nerds" but our excel in maths, sciences and in a lot of case English (we read newspapers three times over to make the most of it) so it would of eventually come back to me.

But don't they get it? Mainstream ignorant actions can have dire consequences, even if it only affects two Asian people amongst others in Australia. An affect that could mean that the next time I fly out of the country, other passengers will recognise me as the face to "Kung Fu Militant Airline Association" and place their own life in my supposingly Kung Fu skills that really, I don't have. Imagine a whole plane or so, thinking I can save them, placing their bets on my competency in Airline Kung Fu training.

Unfortunately, I will fail them, and probably drive the friggin' plane into something iconically Australian at the same time.

Think, Hundreds dead, hundreds more injured and I blasted most of the Australian Protectionist Party's Headquarters. Its not my fault, its all news.com.au small error.

3 comments:

  1. Asian terrorists??? wtf!! omg!! Arabs pull over...make way...funky Asians take over in the sky. Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Love it. Asians ARE everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... well they changed the picture.. but still
    i cant put my life in yr hands.

    ReplyDelete