Tuesday, March 15, 2011

INITIATIVES: Asian Australian Cultural Association @ UWS

Its exciting to see the Asian- Australians represent themselves and become more "visible" in mainstream communities. But I was a little surprised when blogger Asian Downunder forwarded me this clip that might have given people the wrong impressions about me.

It was some sort of guessing game the students had a a competition, and they had to guess who these "ALPHA ASIAN AUSTRALIANS" were. Amongst you tube queen Natalie Tran, My Chonny, actor Chris Pang and musician Thanh Bui, there's me.

Hmmm....I'm not sure what to make of it....I certainly don't feel overly "alpha" and feel quite normal and doing normal things that every other Asians do right? We eat rice, make kung fu films, and "don't want noooo trouble!"....

Anyhow, thanks for the plug AACA! Check out their clip here.

The Asian Australian Cultural Association raised their colours for the first time at UWS O week. AACA is a non profit student organisation dedicated to promoting and strengthening Asian Australian culture. We organise social events and provide a platform for young people to connect and share through the shared mutual interest of Asian Australian culture and the culture of Asians in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment